Personal Development Curriculum
Personal Development at St Augustine of Canterbury Catholic Academy is built around the school values of FAITH.
These values of Friendship and Forgiveness, Ambition and Adaptability, Independence and Integrity, Trust and Tolerance and Honesty and Humility underpin our school culture and are part of daily school life.
We have an extensive offer to provide pupils opportunity to develop their character and skills beyond the academic, technical or vocational. All our pupils will have experienced a number of enrichment activities that will enable them to contribute positively to society. All pupils will enhance their understanding of the core ‘British Values’ of tolerance, rule of law, democracy, individual liberty and mutual respect.
Our personal development curriculum links closely with our cultural capital offer to allow pupils to experience diversity so they develop an appreciation of the different groups, ethnicities and cultures and the wider world they live in.
We do this through:
- A robust personal development curriculum across all subjects
- Allocated personal development time each morning
- Collective worship programme
- A dynamic PSHE and RSE curriculum
- Links with external agencies and partners
- Links with the community and feeder primary schools
- School council and student voice
- Extensive CIAG programme
- SMSC development
- Charity events
- Mentoring through Liverpool Football Club (Premier League Inspires), St Giles and Peer Mentors
- Mental Health Support through NHS Mental Health Support Teams, Barnado’s and Listening Ear
- Bereavement Support through Spectrum Course
- Self Esteem Support through Dove Girls Programme, Boys Engagement Groups, Well Being Club
Pupils demonstrate this by:
Living by our FAITH values everyday showing compassion, empathy and tolerance to differences in opinions. Pupils will become reflective learners showing curiosity, a thirst for knowledge and an inherent desire to grow as individuals.
St Augustine of Canterbury will give pupils extensive opportunities to develop through PSHE and RSE lessons and drop down days, personal development time, our assembly programme, educational visits, student leadership, careers programme and enrichment activities. Pupils will be immersed with an array of cultural opportunities to broaden their horizons throughout their time at school ensuring they are fully prepared for moving into adult life.