At St. Augustine of Canterbury Catholic Academy, we expect all pupils to attend school regularly. Good attendance is vital in ensuring pupils make good progress. It is the responsibility of school and parents to ensure all pupils receive a good education by having excellent attendance.
St Augustine of Canterbury Catholic Academy will endeavour to:
- Promote good attendance and reduce absence, including persistent absence.
- Ensure every pupil has access to full-time education to which they are entitled
- Act early to address patterns of absence.
- Ensure parents perform their legal duty by guaranteeing their children of compulsory school age who are registered at school attend regularly.
- Ensure that all pupils are punctual to their lessons.
The table below shows the impact good attendance has on academic performance.
|Outstanding attendance||98% and above||No more than 4 days of absence||20 lessons missed||75% chance of achieving 5 grades of 5-9|
|Excellent attendance||95% and above||No more than 8 days of absence||40 lessons missed||70% chance of achieving 5 grades of 5-9|
|Requires improving cause for concern and risk of underachievement||95% and below||19 days of absence||50 lessons missed||66% chance of achieving 5 grades of 5-9|
|A serious cause for concern and a high risk of underachievement||90% and below||20 days of absence||100 missed lessons||Average GCSE lowered by 1 grade|
|A serious cause for concern and is a severe risk of underachievement||85% and below||29 days of absence||145 lessons missed||Average GCSE lowered by 2 grades|